Friday, July 31, 2015

Holy crap

It has been a loonng time! Like really long. Like super, super long. Sorry!

Cosmo is 4 months old now. 19 weeks old... It's crazy. He will be 20 weeks on Monday! How is that possible? It seems like just yesterday that he became my baby boy.

A lot has happened! I would consider Cosmo always totally potty trained! He hasn't had an accident in almost a week. It's so nice!

His biting is improving BUT his barking has gotten so much worse! He barks at everything and everyone. Today I broke down and bought a bark collar because if we are moving into an apartment, he cannot bark like that or at all. We will start using it tomorrow.

We have been on two camping trips since I blogged last! Over the 4th of July weekend we went to the Niobrara River and tubed. Cos  mo didn't LOVE it and he slept a lot! He gets so snuggly when he is stressed. There was an abundance of ticks this year and we did not like it! Even with his tick meds, I pulled at least ten off of him! Yuck.



Right after we got back from the River, Cosmo got neutered and got his hernia fixed! He was just as much of a baby as we all expected. They shaved his leg to put the IV in and he lipped for a week! He healed really fast and only had to wear the cone for four days. We was such a snuggle bug during that week and he was just quiet. Then he healed and was back to his psycho self. Recently, I've noticed that the scar over his hernia is puckering and his belly feels swollen. The vet said that it's not necessarily normal so I am taking him in on Monday morning before work. I hope he's fine!
At the Vet's Office
We also went to a family reunion this last weekend with my dad and his girlfriend. I took Cosmo and Nick with me and Claire went also. It was actually really fun! It was the first time that we were meeting Donna Marie, his girlfriend, and the first time dad was meeting Cosmo! CJ finally got to meet his Grandpa. The reunion was in Brookings, SD, which is about 6 hours away. Cosmo mostly slept on the floor of the car where he could be really close to the AC vent. On the way there, we checked out the Badlands, which I've never actually seen! It was pretty neat.


The first night there, Cosmo peed all over Nick's sleeping bag in the tent. Understandably, Nick was not too pleased about this. After Cosmo woke us all up by yapping at 4:30am, Nick opted to sleep in the car. We went out to my second cousin's farm where I lost my shoes and Cosmo rolled in his own feces. We met lots of family and it was generally a good time, minus the poo. I hope he mails my shoes. The next day was filled with errands and the laundromat so that we could clean the sleeping bags that had been urinated on. Then we met the family at a church, took pictures, ate dinner and shared stories. We had Zestos and went back to our campsite. It started to downpour and the wind picked up substantially. It blew our tent just enough to soak everything. We stayed in dad's camper until midnight and then we all slept in the car. Cosmo seemed to mind the least, really. We got up in the morning, said our goodbyes, and headed for home. The four of us stopped by Erin's grave. It was really beautiful and only got more beautiful when we realized that it was her birthday. It was the first time Nick and Cosmo have ever been there.

Starting last Sunday (when we got home) Nick is now living in Sturgis during the Rally. He is working up there for a few weeks to earn some extra cash. Cos and I visited Monday night and slept in his camper. I'd say we all slept pretty well.

Nick and I have some big news! We are now engaged! Cosmo was there during the proposal and tried very hard to make it about him. What a goon. I am very happy. :)

1 comment: