Sunday, June 21, 2015

Camping!

This weekend was Cosmo's first ever camping trip! He did so well. We went as a family (mom, Caitlin, Claire, and Victoire) to Roubaix Lake near Deadwood, our favorite place to camp. Cosmo has never seen a lake before. He was a little apprehensive at first but when I put him in, he seemed to enjoy it! He swam around a little and then got out. He got back in later that day. I think he liked how cold it was and how much it cooled him off. It makes him look so much skinnier when he's wet. It made his head look enormous.
Cosmo went to into our new kayak with me a few times as well. He was not bothered by it at all. It was just like the car, he went right to sleep. We paddled all around the lake and only woke up when I caught a turtle and jostled the boat. Then Cosmo met his first turtle.
There were many new puppies at the lake. There was a golden lab, the same age as Cosmo and a corgi puppy that was a week younger. They all got along really well and that makes me happy. It's good for him to get socialized with other dogs, especially ones his age. He does a great job with other dogs.
Cosmo and Remy, our next door neighbor
Cosmo also experienced his first campfire. He slept next to it several times, at a safe distance, of course.
Cosmo slept in his first tent this weekend and handled it very well. I brought his bed and his pillow and his blanket but he only wanted to sleep in my backpack. I guess it was more comfortable than all the stuff I brought him. The second night he slept on mom's cot. I woke up to him licking my face both mornings. Cosmo did not have an accident in the tent at all! He did a really good job.
Victoire does such a good job with Cosmo. He loves her very much! She calls him Prince Cosmo and Baby Dog.
Despite being in the outdoors a lot, Cosmo has no ticks, thank goodness! Greg found one on Ruby, his dog, that is huge!
Cosmo has pretty much done nothing but sleep all day. He is exhausted! We ran him hard. He played fetch, he ran on the beach, we went on a post rain walk, we chased tons of dogs, we hunted dogs. It was a great weekend. I wish that Nick could have been there to see all of these big firsts for Cosmo, but hopefully he can come next time.
Just 'cause he's cute

No comments:

Post a Comment