Monday, June 15, 2015

Weekend Roadtrip

I'm sorry that it has been so long since I've updated! I try to write everyday but sometimes life gets in the way!

Cosmo is doing well. THIRTEEN WEEKS OLD. He is currently teething and is kind of a monster, however. He chews EVERYTHING, he gets randomly aggressive and biting has increased. It is frustrating but we will get through it!

The family, (sans Caitlin), Cosmo, and I went to Boulder, CO for a soccer tournament. Cosmo did SO WELL. Minus a few accidents on the hotel room floor, he was pretty perfect. It was the first time in a hotel room and in an elevator. I could tell he didn't love the elevator, but he put up with it. We went to a street fair in downtown Louisville, (near Boulder). I carried him most of the time, because there were so many people around. He let everyone pet him with minimal nipping, he was calm, even when I'm sure it was stressful on him. At the actual games of the tournament, dogs were not allowed on the field. Needless to say, we broke that rule. Sorry Boulder soccer complex, he's 13 weeks old, and not staying in the hotel alone. He did SUCH a good job. He was mostly silent while we sneaked him in, and was quiet and sweet through every single game. Cosmo only barked when the soccer parents erupted in cheers, so really he was probably cheering his auntie Claire on. People commented on his politeness every day and it was great. We made a sunshade for him with his blanket and our chairs. We gave him plenty of water and I think he ended up having fun. Of course during the drive, he did very well. Until the end, that is.

His aggression levels have been going up and I believe it's because of his teething. I feel bad for him and I need to be more patient. I have been struggling with that and I feel bad. Teething is a rough phase for us both and all my research says is that we are both likely to become frustrated. I just have to remember that he is a good dog and I am a good puppy mom. We can make it through this together.

I can tell he misses Nick. He sleeps on his hoodie and gets excited when I say "Nick" or "daddy". I miss him too.

Tomorrow he is three months old. I can't quite wrap my head around that.

No comments:

Post a Comment