Friday, June 5, 2015

Soccer Gaming

My little sister, Claire- the dog watcher- plays soccer. A lot. Today Cosmo went to his first, of what I expect to be many, soccer game. He did very well. He was calm and didn't bark at the ball, as our late dog Tasha normally did. I was a little nervous when I saw other dogs, but as usual, Cosmo barely acknowledged their existence. There were a few kids, and he did very well with them. He even let them give him a few runs on the leash, even though he did glance at me like he was being abandoned. I'm glad they wore him out, sort of. He seems to have an endless supply of energy I would like to tap in to. The kids adored him (who wouldn't) and he played with them really well. I'm glad he's getting more socialization with kids, I want him to be comfortable with them, as well as other adults. I like that we are on the right track with that.

We are trying to work on his coming when being called thing. I have started carrying treats around in my pocket and when he come when I call, he gets one. It seems to have improved today. Yum, linty treats! I really want a dog that WANTS to come when I call. Hopefully I'm on the right track with this too.

We worked on all his tricks today, primarily roll-over. Cosmo has started to roll-over without treats and I'm so impressed and happy. He did it at the soccer game in front of everyone, even when he was wound up.

I bought some cottage cheese today and hopefully his ears will come up.

I think he may be my soul-mate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment